- The company was Incorporated on 24th December, at Mumbai. The main objects of the company is to manufacture transformers, electric motors, all-aluminium conductors, furnaces, extra H.T. airblast circuit breakers, panels and switchboards.
- Asea Brown Boveri (ABB), established a subsidiary of the Swedish-Swiss ABB Asea Brown Boveri. The ABB group, comprising about 1000 companies, has operations in 140 countries and is involved in power generation, transmission and distribution (T&D), industrial equipments and systems, and factory automation.
- In August, 20,000 Pref. shares issued to collaborators. 1,20,000 Right Equity shares offered at par in prop. 1:1.
- In September, the Company's name was changed from Hindustan Electric Co. Ltd., to Hindustan Brown Boveri Ltd.
- 60,000 Bonus Equity shares issued in prop. 1:4.
- 1,00,000 Bonus Equity shares in prop. 1:3.
- The Company issued on 12th April, 1,00,000-13.5% secured non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each as rights to resident Indian equity shareholders. These debentures are redeemable at a premium of 5% on the expiry of the 7th year in four annual instalments commencing
- The Company allotted 5,00,000-18% non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each by private placement basis to financial institutions. These debentures are redeemable at a premium of 5% in three equal annual instalments commencing from 1998 with premium payable in the second instalment.
- The project for the manufacture of industrial steam turbines with Gujarat Industrial Investment Corporation Ltd., progressed with Government approving the collaboration agreement with AG Kunhle, Kopp & Kausch, West Germany.
- The company allotted to each of UTI and LIC 1,50,000-15% non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each by private placement aggregating to Rs 300 lakhs. The debentures are redeemable in 1933 at a premium of 5%.
- 1,00,000 Right Equity shares issued (prem. Rs 60 per share, prop. 1:4). 5,000 No. of equity shares were offered to employees (prem. Rs 60 per share). Another 2,500 No. of equity shares were offered to BBC Brown Baveri & Co. Ltd., Switzerland in addition to their rights entitlement. All shares were allotted on 1.11.1986 except 196 shares of the employees quoted which were allotted on 3rd August 1987.
- On 9th January, the Company set up "Integra Hindustan Control Ltd." for the manufacture of relay and signalling equipment for the Railways using technology of Integra Ltd., Zurich, Switzerland. This project was set up at Halol in Panchmahan district of Gujarat State.
- The Company jointly with Pradeshiya Industrial and Investment Corporation of U.P. Ltd., promoted a company under the name of National Switchgears Ltd.
- The joint venture company set up a project for the manufacture of switchgears at Rae Bareli, U.P.
- The Industrial licences were received for mini-computer/ microprocessor based systems, modems, switch mode power supplier and keyboards.
- The Company entered into collaboration with Danish Windpower A/s, Denmark for the manufacture of wind energy conversion systems.
- The Electronics division was commissioned power line carrier communication equipment for the HVDC line developed by the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Board.
- Consequent to the merger of Asea (renamed ABB), Sweden, and BBC Brown Boveri (renamed ABB), Switzerland, the Indian operations of both companies were also merged.
- 40,000 Pref. shares converted into 20,000 No. of equity shares (prem. Rs 100 per share).
- The first back-to-back high voltage direct current transmission link for NTPC at Vindhyachal, connecting the Northern and Western regional power grids was commissioned in August.
- Asea Ltd. (ASL), was amalgamated with Hindustan Brown Boveri Ltd. (HBBL), with effect from 1st January. Pursuant to the Scheme of Amalgamation HBBL were to issue and allot to the equity shareholders of ASL, 45,85,590 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at par of HBBL
credited as fully paid up in the proportion of 5 equity shares of HBBL for every 6 equity shares of ASL held.
- Pursuant to the Scheme of Amalgamation of Asea Ltd., with the Company, the name of the Company was changed from Hindustan Brown Boveri Ltd. to Asea Brown Boveri Ltd., with effect from 13th October.
- Shares subdivided on 16th March 1989. 45,85,590 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each then issued without payment in cash to members of Asea Ltd., in prop. 5:6.
- The Company issued 49,30,295 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 50 per share on rights basis in the proportion of 1:2 (all were taken up). Additional 7,39,544 shares were allotted to retain oversubscription.
- The parent company increased its equity stake in ABB from 40 to 51 per cent in 1992.
- Another 2,46,515 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 50 per share were offered to the employees. All were taken up.
- Simultaneously, the Company issued 47,54,734 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 50 per share to the foreign collaborators viz., ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd., on private placement basis to raise their holding to 51% after issue and allotment of rights shares,
additional shares and shares to employees.
- The Company offered to take a majority stake in a BIFR registered boiler manufacturing company in India that would enable the Company to provide full range of equipment and turnkey services for building power plants in the country. The Company made an entry into low voltage switchgear business.
- A joint venture company namely `ABB Daimler-Benz Transportation AG' (AD Tranz) was established by ABB Zurich and Daimler-Benz AG, Germany in Germany.
- A subsidiary of AD Transz was incorporated in India viz., `ABB Daimler-Benz Transportation (India) Ltd.' which took over the Transportation business of the Company effective 1st January, 1996.
- Another group company - Flakt India - in which the parent held 51 per cent was merged with ABB. ABB has always been a key supplier of power equipments in the country, ushering in the latest technology.
- The Company set up a new factory at Mysore in Karnataka State for the manufacture of various electronics products including EPABX exchanges.
- Another group company - Flakt India - in which the parent held 51 per cent was merged with ABB. ABB has always been a key supplier of power equipments in the country, ushering in the latest technology.
- Amalgamation of Flakt India Ltd., with Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. with effect from 5th October. Pursuant to the scheme of amalgamation, Flakt India Ltd. were to issue 36,88,196 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at par of the Company credited as fully paid up in the proportion 1:2.
- The company was awarded the engineering procurement construction (EPC) job for the Integrated steel project.
- All the Gas Turbines of the combined cycle power plant for GVK Industries Ltd. were commissioned. The entire undertaking relating to the Transportation business was transferred as a going concern to ABB Daimler-Benz Transportation (India) Ltd.
- GVK's 235-MW Jegurupadu CCPP, for which ABB Asea Brown Boveri was the turnkey EPC contractor, became the first fast track power project to go on stream.
- Transmission and Distribution segment introduced new products like 72.5 KV switchgears for the U.S. market and indigenous static relays. Major substation commissioned during the year include 220 KV switchyard for Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board and 145 KV switchyard for
Bhushan Steel Ltd.
- A process control system for petrochemical complex of Reliance Industries Ltd. at Hazira was commissioned.
- The Company proposed to commission greenfield transformer project at Vadodara.
- 103,54,589 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:3.
- ABB has taken majority stake holding in Birla-Kent Taylor acquiring 51 per cent in the company from C K Birla group, while the other company has become its fully-owned subsidiary.
- ABB has taken stakes in the following projects. 1) Neyveli Power project in Tamil Nadu (250 MW) developed by CMS generations 2) Jegurupadu power project in AP (235 MW) developed by GVK industries (five percent stake) 3) Pench power project in MP (500 MW) developed by
Soris funds (20 percent stake).
- Asea Brown Boveri of Switzerland has picked up 70 lakh preferential shares in ABB-ABL, the Durgapur-based boiler maker which was taken over by ABB India under a rehabilitation plan cleared by the Board of Industrial and Financial Reconstruction.
- ABB Holdings of South Asia will pick up the cumulative redeemable preferential shares of Rs.100 per share with 13 per cent return on investment for a period of 10 years.
- ABB Holdings South India Ltd. already set up a 100 per cent subsidiary in the country. This company would act as a holding company and consolidate the shareholding of ABB Switzerland and its overseas subsidiaries held in different Indian companies.
- ABB has recently set up a greenfield turbine and generator facilities in Baroda. The plant has an annual capacity of 1500 MW (15 x 100 MW or 3 x 500 MW) but it will start with the manufacture of only steam turbines upto 100 MW.
- The ABB group has developed many innovative technologies such as SF6 technology for circuit breakers, Advant open control system (for process industries) and direct torque control technology (for variable speed drives).
- ABB has a joint venture - ABB Alfa Stal Refrigeration - with Alfa Laval for food and non-food refrigeration systems.
- Industry and building systems is being expanded. An engineering centre for petrochemical processing and a software centre for development of automation and control systems are proposed to be set up. The company has a inhouse R&D centre.
- ABB will install paint finishing systems for Volvo India Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Swedish automobile giant Volvo, for its heavy duty truck manufacturing unit coming up at Hoskote near Bangalore. ABB's contract with Mahindra & Mahindra involves upgradation of the latter's manufacturing facility at Andhra Pradesh.
- The power purchase agreement (PPA) for the Andhra Pradesh power project was signed on March 31, after the Mittals acquired the contract for the project through participation in the global tender floated by the Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board earlier.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) have signed a MoU for setting up a total quality management institute. It will provide a range of education and training programmes on quality aimed at industry, service institutions, educational bodies and Government agencies.
- The 10,800 No. of equity shares are proposed to be acquired by ABB Zurich through ABB South Asia Holdings Limited.
- ABB is setting up a communication link at Korba for the Daewoo project.
- Asea Brown Boveri Limited (ABB) has formed two joint ventures to build a new service organisation in ABB Poland to provide the widest scope of service activities for electrical industrial equipment.
- The companies viz., ABB Huta Katowice Services Ltd, a 60:40 joint venture between ABB and Huta Katowice, and ABB Service Ltd, a 65:35 joint venture between ABB and Dolnoslaska Spolka Inwestychjna (DSI) is owned by KGHM Polish Copper.
- ABB Oil and Gas Europe BV (Lummus) of the Netherlands, part of the Zurich-based $35-billion Asea Brown Boveri group, intends to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary in India to cater to the
petrochemicals/chemicals and other core sector industries in India.
- Electrical engineering giant Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) is increasing its stake to 74 per cent in the joint venture with M P Birla group company Universal Cables.
- ABB has signed an agreement with the Birlas to increase its equity in Universal ABB Power Cables Ltd. from present 51 per cent and will approach the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) for bringing in the foreign investment.
- Universal-ABB Power Cables, a joint venture between MP Birla group and ABB set up to manufacture high and extra high voltage (EHV) XLPE power cables has inaugurated its plant at Satna, Madhya Pradesh. The plant incorporates advanced and fully automated cable manufacturing technology.
- Universal ABB Power Cables Ltd, a joint venture between the MP Birla group and ABB, has commissioned its new plant to manufacture high and extra high voltage (EHV) XLPE power cables. The plant, the first of its kind in south Asia, incorporates the latest technology in cable
manufacturing called the vertical continuous vulcanisation (VCV) process through an automated, 105 metre tall vulcanisation line.
- ABB Ltd, the Swiss-Swedish electrical engineering major, has picked up 50 per cent equity stake in the Rs.4,690-crore Korba East power project promoted by Daewoo Power, a 100 per cent subsidiary of the Korean chaebol.
- Daewoo has taken up another power project in Kol Dam, Himachal Pradesh, in which ABB holds minority stake along with Bechtel and Siemens.
- ABB ABL, a member of the Swedish multinational group Asea Brown Boveri, is introducing the Ljungstrom rotary air-preheaters to the Indian boiler market under the licence of ABB Air Preheater Inc., (API) USA.
- ABB-AAPL Projects (AAPL) will be merged with the Swedish electrical giant to dovetail its Indian operations and carry forward ABB's overall restructuring plan adopted at Zurich in August.
- The company offered a two-stage voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) which reduced manpower from 5,600 to around 3,500.
- Public Sector National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) signed a memorandum of understanding with the Swedish conglomerate ABB for the formation of a joint venture for its renovation and modernisation programmes to be carried out both within and outside the country.
- In the letters of intent, ABB has signed an EPC contract for the Videocon project.
- ABB India shareholders are likely to get one equity share of Rs. 10 each in Powerco for every share (Rs. 10) held in ABB, and the overall restructuring package may prove valuable to them in the long term.
- ABB Holdings (South Asia) Ltd has put in a proposal seeking government's approval to buy out Hartmann & Braun's 51 per cent equity stake in CG-Elsag Bailey Ltd.
- ABB Holdings is acquiring 20.40 lakh equity shares having a face value of Rs 10 per share in CG-Elsag Bailey.
- ABB company will issue and allot one equity share of Powerco of the face value of Rs 10 each for every one equity of face value of Rs 10 each held by the shareholders of ABB.
- ABB acquired a 51 per cent stake in Lenzhom Electric Company, a Mumbai based engineering servicing firm.
- The company has initiated a marketing agreement with the public-sector Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), according to which, 50 per cent of the offtake from the refinery would be through IOC, and the balance through BPCL.
- The Company launched new 400 kv transformers.
- The Company has announced the introduction of electronic Alpha energy meters for better electricity monitoring in India.
- Crisil has assigned a `P1+' rating to the Rs 100-crore commercial paper programme of Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
- The Company a global power company, will et up a research and development base in India for developing products catering to the domestic and global market.
- ABB decided to consolidate its Indian operations and, as the first step, the Swedish conglomerate plans to merge all its Indian subsidiaries.
-The board of directors of Asea Brown Boveri Ltd, India (ABB), has appointed Mr Ravi Uppal as the Managing Director and Country Manager (for India) with effect from mid-October. Mr Uppal will replace Mr K.K.Kaura, who has resigned from ABB to pursue other professional
interests outside the group.
-Asea Brown Boveri Ltd (ABB) has posted a 10.04 per cent increase in net profit at Rs 14.72 crore for third quarter ended September 30, 2001.
- Asea Brown Boveri Ltd has informed the Board of Directors of the Company has appointed the following new Directors:
1 Mr Peter Smits (in the casual vacancy caused on the Board by the resignation of Mr Sune Karlsson) 2 Mr Dinesh Paliwal
3 Mr N S Raghavan
4 Mr Nasser Munjee
-The Board of Directors of Asea Brown Boveri Ltd at its meeting held on July 31, 2002 redeemed 7,50,000 11% Redeemable Preference Shares of Rs 100 each along with the pro rata dividend thereon.The preference shares had been issued by the company on amalgamation of erstwhile ABB Instrumentation Ltd, with the company and were held by ABB Holdings South Asia Ltd.
-Asea Brown Boveri Ltd has informed that Mr B Gururaj has been appointed as Asst Vice President & Company Secretary of Asea Brown Boveri Ltd, in place of Mr A S Khandwala who has resigned from services of the company. Board also appointed Mr Gururaj Asst Vice President & Company Secretary, as Compliance Officer of the company.
-K N Shenoy to step down as Chairman and member of Board of ABB.
-Asea Brown Boveri Ltd has informed the following changes in the Board of Directors .
Mr Peter Smits, Director was elected as Chairman in place of Mr Shenoy. Mr Ravi Uppal, Managing Director is appointed as Vice Chairman and designated as Vice Chairman & Managing Director. Mr Eric Drewery resigned as a Director of the Company and in his place Mr Peter Leupp was appointed as a Director.Mr Boonkiat Sim was appointed as an Additional Director on the Board of Directors of the Company.
-ABB has been awarded its single largest export order to date, valued at Rs.1680million
by PUblic Establishment of Electricity for Generation and Transmission (PEEGT).
-ABB India has divested its air-handling equipment unit in India to Flakt India.
-Mr Ravi Uppal, Vice-Chairman and MD, ABB India and honorary Chairperson
of the Association of Indo-Swedish Companies has been conferred the honour
of the Royal Order of the Polar Star.
-ABB Ltd has tied up with Intel, Microsoft and Accenture to give shape to what
will be the factory of the future.
-ABB Ltd has been awarded major orders for Aluminium and Zinc smelters
worth around Rs.1100million by Sterlite Group.
-ABB Ltd has informed that the company has received on December 2, 2003, a certificate of Registration of the Order of CLB confirming transfer of the Registered Office of the Company from the State of Maharashtra to the State of Karnataka. Accordingly, the Registered Office of the Company has now been shifted from Mumbai, in the State of Maharashtra, to Banglore, in the State of Karnataka, and located at the following address: ABB Ltd, 2nd Floor, East Wing, Khanija Bhavan,49,Race Course Road, Banglore 560 001. Telephones:+91 80 2250295, 2254543, 2254546 Telefax:+91 80 2281103.
-Dinesh Paliwal appointed as Chairman of ABB India
-ABB India gets Asiamoney award for 2003
- ABB introduces new range of wiring accessories including switches, regulators and sockets for Indian market
-ABB has won the first major equipment order for 765 kV extra-high voltage (EHV) transformers and shunt reactors from the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL)
-ABB wins $ 80 m order from NTPC, PGCIL
-ABB gets orders worth Rs 135 cr from Middle East
-ABB inks MoU with IIT Delhi
-ABB Ltd - Wins an automation order from ONGC worth of Rs.430 crores
-ABB India wins Rs 186 crore order for integrated power distribution management system.
- ABB Ltd has announced that ABB India has won a Rupees 933 million (93.3 crore) order from KHD Humboldt Wedag GmbH, Germany, to provide a turnkey electrics and automation solution for a 5000 TPD (tonnes per day) capacity green-field cement plant at Katrana in Jordan.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
-ABB India wins Rs 311 crores power & automation order
-ABB India wins Rs 93 crore order for cement plant in Jordan
-ABB wins power order worth more than $400 million for world's largest offshore wind farm
-ABB wins substation orders from Powergrid for Rupees 330 crores
-ABB secures Rs 455cr Vedanta contract
-ABB to acquire Kuhlman Electric Corporation from The Carlyle Group
-ABB wins $87 million order in U.S. to expand capacity of power transmission system
- ABB Ltd has wins Rs 425 crore substation orders in India.
- ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has won orders wroth Rs 220 crore form Tata Projects Limited to provide power products and solutions for a super-critical coal-fired power plant under construction in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- ABB has bagged an order worth Rs. 128.30 crore from state-run Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL) for setting up a 400-kV gas insulated switchgear sub-station to strengthen the power transmission network in Gujarat.
- ABB Limited has bagged orders worth around Rs 145 crore from the Bharathiya Rail Bijlee Company Limited (BRBCL).
-ABB Ltd, the power and automation technology firm, has bagged orders worth $22 million (nearly Rs 100 crore) from Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam in order to supply four sub-stations.
-ABB inaugurates global wind power generator factory in India
-ABB India acquires Metsys.
-ABB bags US$120mn power transmission order in China.
- ABB inaugurates new production line for miniature circuit breakers.
- ABB bags Rs 16 crore order for solar plants to provide high end solution.
- ABB wins Rs. 175 crore substation order in India to improve grid reliability.
- ABB Group books Rs. 4000 crores UHVDC power transmission order in India.
- ABB wins Rs.75 crore order in India to power metro for pink city.
- ABB wins Rs. 175 crore order to strengthen Western India's power grid.
- ABB's Gary Steel receives lifetime achievement award in HR excellence.
-ABB inaugurates two new manufacturing plants for power products in India.
-The Company has changed its name from ABB Ltd. to ABB India Ltd.
- ABB substation in Southern India to help meet growing power demand.
-ABB commissions world record voltage circuit breaker.
-ABB wins Rs. 334 Crore orders to boost power capacity and strengthen.
-ABB wins power products orders worth Rs. 310 crore in India.
-ABB India Ltd has won an order worth Rs 256 crore from Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), Sri Lanka.
-ABB welcomes Solar Impulse to India
-ABB India Ltd has won an order of Rs 90 crore from Techno Electric and Engineering Company (Techno)
-ABB India launches free@home - Making home automation easier than ever
-ABB India wins Rs.125 crore order to upgrade three substations in agricultural belt
-ABB India Ltd has secured orders worth Rs 119 crore to provide plant electrification, automation and substation solutions for solar power plants
-ABB India has introduced the first 800 kilovolt (kV) converter transformer which is manufactured at their Vadodara facility in Gujarat